Changing a light bulb has taken on an entirely new dynamic. With the emergence LED technologies, this old product has a new life. Being part of the renewed energy scene requires knowledge of how to design products to meet consumer needs while passing even more stringent safety testing than ever before.
Staying on top of the new testing requirements, from local and global standpoints, is what we do. Standards generally are not clear; they leave room for interpretation and often present constraints to product design. At PSC, we help you Design for Safety Approvals.® We offer solutions to non-compliance rather than simply reporting a pass/no-pass statement. And, we communicate with straightforward explanations of safety issues that often arise during the testing process.
Our expert product testing team understands what you need to do to achieve compliance. Failing at the testing stage only costs you valuable time and money. It allows the competition to beat you to the sale and takes resources away from future growth.
Here are just a few of the hurdles we help you jump…
- Product requirements related to creepage, clearances and spacings
- Components needed to meet Conditions of Acceptability (C of As)
- The type, size and temperature limits for power supply cords
- Submitting an RFQ online for NRTLs isn’t as simple as it sounds
- Understanding the extensive requirements for permanently installed vs. portable equipment
- Initial Production Inspection (IPI) that is required for all products new to an NRTL
- Does your LED make up part of the enclosure
- Do you understand Class 2 vs. LVLE
We are fast, efficient and accurate. Our team compliments and enhances your internal experts.